We help B2B technology companies generate sustainable extra profits by improving what they sell and how they sell it.
We bridge the gap between your CTO and your sales director. Our approach is to embed the market at the heart of your business so that you can build profitable and saleable propositions that delight your customers.
A proposition is broader than a product. It is a bundle of products and services (including a price plan and helpdesk) that meets a defined customer requirement. Successful businesses focus sales and marketing resource on the whole proposition not the jumble of products within.
Typical Barraclough & Co projects involve answering some or all of these questions:
- Markets and competitors – Which markets do you want to be in? What are the ideal customers in these markets? Who are your current and future competitors?
- Customer needs – What are the customer needs and requirements that will cause them to spend money? How well do your existing products and services meet these needs? Do your competitors do this better?
- Proposition definition and testing – What are the bundles of products and services that could meed these requirements? How do customers react to these? What alternatives do they have?
- Roadmap – What investment is needed to deliver a continual improvement in the value customers get from your in propositions? And maintain your lead over your competitors?
- Go-to-market – What is the best route to market – direct or through partners? What training and/or sales enablement materials will your sales team need? How can you generate the right quantity of the right kind of leads? What thought-leadership material will attract your customers’ attention?
Typical projects last 4 – 6 weeks and cost £15K-£25K.
Our work has included:
- Repositioning an existing CRM software product as a professional service that won business at Burberry, Fat Face and others
- Turning round a loss making and siloed retail software company through repositioning its core proposition around its customers and its staff.
- Integrating an acquisition and launching the UK’s first complete payment service – merchant account, EPOS (electronic point of sale) integration and card machine.
- Building a corporate venture that reduced out of stocks in Marks & Spencer (and others) by tracking items through the supply chain using RFID (radio frequency identification)
If we can help, get in touch.
+44 7808 142102